Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What is a Prunkle and where can I get one?

Prunkle is something I've been looking into for a pretty long time. Here's the official definition of the word Prunkle... as created by myself.... about 15 seconds ago:

A complete and balanced sub-genre of music consisting of Progressive Rock, Punk Rock, and Metal.

So voila! Add Prog, Punk, and Metal... a few lightening fast guitar leads here, a few trashy four chord progressions there, toss in some drop D tuning and heavy, galloping palm muting, a pinch of high vocals, a pinch of gibberish ranting (just to start)... bake at 425 for 20 - 25 minutes and there you go.

BUT... that's only a minuscule taste of what I like to call Prunkle. That's why this blog exists. Over the next while, I'll be researching into what it takes to create a genre, and I expect all of you musicians or music lovers alike to speak your minds.

Enjoy

No comments: